Another way to generate free traffic is by using forums. While forums are not used as much as they were 20 years ago, you can still get results if you go to the right place. That’s what I’m going to share with you today. In this post, you’ll learn about the best internet marketing forum for generating free traffic online, as well as some insider tips on how to go about this process.
Why Use Forums?
If you’re new to forums and just not sure why you should even bother, I’ll be upfront with you. Forums are commonly thought of as being “old school” because social media has essentially replaced them. And, if you don’t use the right forums that have certain key qualities, you will likely be wasting your valuable time.
However, there are some key elements to look for when using forums to generate traffic with online marketing. I will mention those later. First, why use forums in the first place? Here are a few reasons:
- No cost whatsoever
- Reach a very specific target audience
- Forum threads are picked up in search engines
- Get free advertising for life by utilizing the SIGNATURE LINE section
- Connect with other affiliate/network marketers
- Build your online reputation and brand by adding value to threads
Key Qualities To Look For When Using Forums for Traffic Generation
Okay, now you should be very selective about the type of forum to use when you’re trying to generate traffic and build your online business. Otherwise, you will end up wasting your time. Here are some very important qualities a forum should have:
Quality #1: It should allow members to promote in a signature line
The signature line is the only place you can legitimately promote in forums. By utilizing your signature line, which is added automatically below each post you contribute, you are basically promoting your opportunities in every thread you post in.
Quality #2: It should be in a RELEVENT NICHE
This is really important. You want to only join forums that relate to your niche. If you are promoting offers in the make money online niche, do not post in a forum about bodybuilding or gardening. While you may get some results, you’ll do much better if you contribute to a forum where your target audiance is frequenting.
Quality #3: It should be an ACTIVE FORUM
The forum you join should have threads that are actively being contributed to on a regular basis. Check the dates on the threads to make sure they are from the past few weeks, as well as the number of people contributing to the threads.
The Forum I Recommend
If you are trying to drive traffic to offers related to making money online, traffic or lead generation, crypto, or network marketing, I recommend using a free forum called Marketing Checkpoint. It covers all the key qualities mentioned above and is monitored by Darren Olander, who is also a very reputable, long-time marketer.
How to Update Your Signature Line
This applies to most forums in general, but for Marketing Checkpoint, you just need to follow these steps:
- Click on your Profile in the top right corner (has a drop-down arrow next to it)
- Click My Settings
- Click Signature from left column
- Update your signature in the editor box
- Check the section under My Current Signature to make sure your links work
Forum Best Practices
Here are some do’s and don’t when using forums for traffic generation:
- Only promote your links in the SIGNATURE LINE
- Never spam the threads with your links
- Contribute valuable insights and info in the threads
- Be mindful of what you post in the threads as you cannot remove them (this isn’t a blog)
- Contribute on a regular basis
- Use relevent keywords within your posts to help with organic search engine traffic (Google LOVES Marketing Checkpoint)
I hope you find this post on how to generate free traffic using forums useful! You can potentially get thousands of views on your signature line link long after you post on a forum. If you have any suggestions or experiences using forums for traffic generation, please comment below. And if you’re not already a member of Marketing Checkpoint, get your free account here. It’s a great resource for keeping updated.
PS: Track all your links for FREE at LeadsLeap and see which traffic sites delivering REAL views and the best results!